Wednesday, April 4, 2012

World Cup Stadium

I think it's bizarre that we're in Korea in we visit the World Cup Stadium (I mean surely there are other things to see)...but I'm with Steve so if there is something sports related we're going to see it. But really, it was cool and grand and interesting. It's a self guided tour and it's surprising how much they let you wander into for 1,000 won.



After the tour we headed back to our hotel area and were getting hungry so we finally bought some food from a street vendor. We had shrimp tempura, some sort of wonton, and something else that we didn't know what it was but she insisted we try it (This seems to be happening to us often, there is a little market near our hotel and the girl that works there is there 24/7. Last night she insisted on putting some sort of package of dried meat in our bag which was totally confusing and she didn't charge us for it). It ended up that the  surprise addition to our deep-fried goodness was Steve's favorite. I liked the wonton.
When it came time to actually eat we attempted to go to the "standing restaurant" that our taxi driver told us about. It's near our hotel and apparently famous. We walked in and after some (more) confusion we figured out they were telling us it was closed. They are open at noon tomorrow so maybe we'll try again for lunch. After that we found another restaurant nearby for Korean BBQ, which was the goal anyhow. It was soooo good. They put a pot of goals in the middle of your table and then get the meat going on top. We also were served raw garlic with this meal and neither of us had previously realized how hot garlic is if you just eat it?!?
 And lastly, a picture of our beloved subway. The subway system in Seoul thoroughly rocks. We have always heard how packed it is but we have yet to really experience that (which is fine). Also, a 13 year old girl stopped in the subway to tell Steve how handsome he is, which was quite hysterical.
OK, so the previous was 2nd to lastly...I also wanted to say that I'm SO excited to share that last night right before going to bed I found out that our friends, Alli and Bret, received their Travel Call Tuesday morning!!! I think they are on a flight to Korea right now to meet their little man, Nash, who is totally adorbs. I don't want to post her blog without her permission but if you check out the comments section of this one you may just come across her blog:) And a pic of Nash and his cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. Steve - handsome?!?! She was totally looking for cash....

    It's funny you mention Alli because I saw her comment yesterday, so I got to thinking "I wonder if she got her call" and clicked her picture to see if it led me anywhere and it went right to her blog, which displayed in large letters "TRAVEL CALL". Awesome!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete