Sunday, April 8, 2012

Home At Last

Update on the last few days...We are so amazed by him. The trip home was long but in ways felt shorter than the way there. Simon was a trooper through the airport, waving and thanking everyone from our hotel front desk man, taxi cab driver, immigration and visa people and the security people. He caught some people by surprise. Once we were on the plane he did begin to shut down though and became very clingy to me...long story short, I held Simon for the entire 20 hour journey. I was pretty stiff and sore at the end but don't feel too bad today. He actually slept the entire way, but woke up in a half sleep/scared type of way regularly. By the time we landed we were all very emotional! The arrival at the airport was amazing. I'm not posting too many pics though because I look like a zombie and I am that vain. He didn't like going into the carseat but as soon as we started driving he was fine. Oh yeah, he likes car rides. He really surprised me how much he perked up once we were home. Almost immediately he started smiling and looking around. We are basically just taking his lead. He seems to be telling us what he wants. As he explored the house he'd be happy and then the next room would overwhelm him and he'd come to us for a quick snuggle.  After a few moments he'd want to keep going. We are so in awe of him. We were awake well over 24 hours in a row but he slept from 9-1 last night and then was bright eyed and bushy-tailed until 5:30. At that point he slept until noon and we've had a busy day of playing and meeting Gretzky. They are doing ok together. Simon managed to grab her good a few times and amazingly Gretzky did not react. I'm still in shock over this, but then again Simon has given Gretzky more food than she typically receives in a month so G may be calling it even. We are trying to create a little bit of a routine so managed to do bath and teeth brushing tonight but Simon is not a big fan of his room and is preferring to sleep on the living room floor. He's never slept in a  bed before so I guess I'm not surprised. I just saw an hour ago that there was a comment on our private blog for Simon's foster family! OMG I'm so excited that it worked for them. I'm not positive who it was that commented but I think it was the foster daughter. She apologized for her English not being good, but we definitely understood her sentiments and are hoping this continues. Simon is cracking us up regularly and we've basically been taking pictures and video of everything he does. I can't believe how quickly he is learning. One of my favorite things he does is when he looks at a book where the animals are eating he pretends to pick the food off the page and feed it to us! ha!

















No comments:

Post a Comment