Ok Simon is HA!larious. He slept almost 14 hours (that's not the hilarious part, but we're not complaining either). Around 1 I finally just stuck a bottle in his mouth and he started drinking and half woke up so Steve fed him some yogurt as well. Then we managed to get his antibiotics in him. He went right back to sleep but I felt much better knowing he had fluids and medicine. Although he slept 14 hours we each slept about 4. He is ALL over the place. The report we got on him says that he sleeps on a mat on the floor and moves around the entire room. That was an understatement. We had to take turns sleeping so one of us was always awake to keep him in the bed. He continued to rub our fingernails all night. It's so cute. His left leg is also going all night, for about an hour and a half straight he'd flail his left left in a semi-circle onto Steve's back and it would slide down and he'd swing it right back up. It was so hard not to laugh...well I did laugh but I contained myself so I didn't wake him up. He hasn't really cried anymore but he has called "Omma" which is "Mom" in Korean.
Once he woke up he was in a great mood. As soon as his eyes were open he looked at Steve's empty water bottle and pointed. We took that as a sign and filled a bottle with water and he sucked it down. Again, glad he is getting plenty of liquids. Next we started pulling out his toys. He liked looking through everything, but his main hobby is picking up everything and bringing it to us. There was pretty much an outline of Steve's body on the bed this morning after Simon brought him every article in the room. AND he already has his first English word! Because he brings us everything we've been saying "Thank you" to him and he says it now! It sounds like "Tank you" and he gives a little head bob with it. Melts my heart. He's literally just walking around the room saying "tank you" and handing us stuff right now.
After some play time we decided we should get out of the room so we strapped him in the carrier and walked towards a University about 15 minutes away because we figured it would have some grassy areas. Simon chatted and pointed to things and sang on the way. He also points to every taxi we see and says "Appa" which is Korean for Dad. We thought that Foster Dad drove a taxi from some pictures we received and now we're fairly positive he does. Luckily, it does not seem upset him. He more says it excitedly. Once we found some grass we had fun walking around and picking up sticks and kicking a ball. We got a lot of cute pictures! I haven't been able to download them all but Steve got a cute one on his phone so we're able to post that and we'll get more on later.
He fell asleep in the carrier but he is awake now that we are back. We're hoping we can get him to take a bath and a short nap and will hopefully get out again this afternoon. His foster mom also gave us a ton of food for him and us! So nice, totally saved us last night at about 10pm when Steve and I realized we'd only eaten a bagel all day and we were starving. I didn't mention that I also started a private blog for his foster family so we can post pictures and updates and hopefully they can translate it. It was kinda confusing explaining it to our Social Worker and then hoping that she passed the info along. We wrote it down on a piece of paper and while she was talking they were all just looking at her but then suddenly the foster sister's eyes lit up and she grabbed the paper and nodded excitedly so I think she understood and will hopefully get them set up.

Oh he melts my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just smiling ear to ear right now reading this post! I Heart Simon!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Sounds like he is adjusting well. These updates are gripping!!! Thanks for keeping us afloat of the Simon happenings. I am really enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like you're off to a great start!!! I can't wait to see more PICS!!! ;)
ReplyDelete