Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Tank You"

I had every intention of thanking everyone again in my last post but Simon woke up and I eventually just told Steve to post what I had written so far. I am on last minute nap time but wanted to try write quickly. Our routine has come together nicely in the last day. Obviously it's not perfect and needs to be moved up a couple hours but we're getting there.

We appreciate everyone's comments, emails, and texts so much. We are so blessed. I'm surprised every time someone thanks me for blogging and all I can say is thank you for caring enough to read it! I know no one expects me to reply to them but I still feel bad that I don't have time to respond to everyone individually. Maybe one day...

Thank you so much to our parents and sisters and brothers and nieces and nephews! They were running all kinds of errands for us while we were gone and prepped us food and gave Simon gifts and we can't wait for you to spend more time with him.

I also wanted to thank our friends who were there before us, Jen, Ryan, Alex, Anne, Adam & Silas, for decorating our home for our arrival. It was so cute. They also helped us prep for travel and answered my last minute questions from Korea like, "does Simon get his own carry-on??"

I know all you really want is pics of Simon but I don't have time for that today so I will share that if asked what a duck say he will quack. Turns out he plays air piano. Steve had to get something from his office today so Simon and I decided to go along for the ride and were listening to kid's songs and he started making the gestures like he was playing the piano on his lap?! He is crazy good at communicating even if he doesn't have the words. I was trying to feed him a banana by cutting chunks off and handing it to him but he kept whining and waving bye-bye at the banana (which he calls nana) so I set it on the counter but then he was whining and pointing to the counter so I picked him up to see what he wanted and he wanted the banana. So I picked it up, he touched the peeling and waved bye-bye. I took the peeling off and he took a chunk of banana and ate it happily. What a nut. Speaking of food, Simon insists on calling Gretzky "mama" which is "food" in Korean...we're working on "puppy" adamantly. He really likes to feed Gretzky and started doing it when Gretzky was at her food bowls but it's still kinda funny. He hasn't tried chewing on her ears or anything. Ok I think I need to wake this kid up!

No comments:

Post a Comment