The last couple days have been a lot of fun. We are getting in the groove of things and I can't believe Simon has already been with us a week. At the same time it is so weird to think he was ever not here. I've still in disbelief. Our sleep schedule is coming together nicely and makes such a difference in his mood. I think Simon is a bit of a "grief" sleeper. He does seem to sleep more here than they reported that he slept in Korea so I'm not sure if this will continue. We are all sleeping in his room and it is going pretty good. I haven't mentioned Simon's sadness much and I don't want to give the impression that it's not there. He is mourning his loss and we are doing our best to comfort him through it. All I can say is that I'm so proud of how brave he has been. I don't think he truly understands the permanency yet. Just yesterday we went for a quick car ride and I believe he thought we were finally bringing him back to his foster family. When we arrived home he was very sad. Later he saw some of his Korean clothes that I had washed and he cried some again. It is sad to see him cry but we decided we should dress him in these outfits so he can feel his sadness and create new memories in the outfits with us. He wore one of his Korean outfits today and it didn't actually bother him, but later in the day saw another shirt and hugged it and needed to snuggle with me for a little bit.
He has also turned a corner in his relationship with both of us. He has always loved playing with Steve but was very clingy to me (don't start me on my bathroom privacy...or lack thereof). He is letting Steve hold him more and comfort him more. I began to notice last night that his interactions with me are becoming more "cuddly" than "clingy", if that makes sense. We have been fortunate that he has always "liked" us but we are slowly creeping towards "love". We were on a walk today and I've been making an mental effort to stay behind a bit (but always in Simon's view) when Simon is with Steve to let them have their time. A woman walked onto our sidewalk from the side so never really passed Steve and Simon but she said to me, "Those are happy sounds!" about their giggling. So sweet.
He is picking up more and more English. Today he said "hockey" to us for the first time. I know right...proud moment. Simon is in bed and we've been taking turns monitoring for any noises and Steve recently texted me that he swears Simon is saying "hockey" in his sleep. Okaaay.
Time for us all to get in bed. Here are some more pics.
![]() |
| Seriously need to start showering and wearing make-up if I continue to blog photos of myself...and maybe drink less caffeine. |















No comments:
Post a Comment