Monday, June 25, 2012

Worst (or BEST?) Parents Ever

Alright before you going calling Child Protection on us, Simon was sun screened, ear plugged, and kept in the shade the majority of his first concert going experience. We just. couldn't. help. ourselves.

Those of you that know us well, know we love Dave Matthews Band and it has brought us many great memories together and with friends. I did a quick count and I think we've been to 13 concerts in the past 10 years. I might be missing a couple though because I thought it was more? Anyhow, St. Paul hosted its' 1st River's Edge Music Festival this past weekend and it was basically Steve's dream line-up so of course he had to go. And then there was the temptation of DMB closing the weekend's line-up and they were scheduled to start at 7pm...do I go and do we bring Simon so we can ensure that he will experience a DMB concert? I mean seriously they've been touring for like twenty-some years, they are gonna quit at some point! This could be our last chance! And outdoor and early concert at home....of course he needs to go.

So following a good Sunday nap we headed for the late afternoon/evening bands. Simon took a liking to The Flaming Lips and was getting tired by DMB time, but he smiled and "danced" in his carrier. More importantly, it was a gorgeous summer day along the river where he could watch boats and he got to ride a bus from our parking spot to Harriet Island. All I heard from the back seat on the drive home was "Buh? Buh? Buh?" (Bus). Yes you rode a bus! UMM how about the concert?!?! :)

DMB did get on the stage a few minutes late so Simon and I literally only heard a few songs before it was time to take him home for bed but I'm so grateful we were able to enjoy something we love so much with him. And I'm still only slightly bitter that Steve got to act like a young single guy and enjoy the entire concert....









5 comments:

  1. I vote for BEST! ;) Wish we could've been there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAY BEST AND COOLEST PARENTS EVER!!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart the sign and Simon. Great pics of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Looks like he had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by "he" I mean Steve :)

    ReplyDelete