Last time Simon was interviewed was at the 2 week point so I thought 2 months might be a good opportunity for him to update you on his favorites so you could see how things have changed.
Simon, tell us again about your favorite:
Book- I am partial to my 3 nighttime books but I also really love my First 100 Words book. It has one whole page devoted to transportation and I can "choo-choo, vroom-vroom, beep-beep, and zoooom" to my heart's content.
Song- For awhile I was a big fan of the alphabet song, but recently I have taken a strong liking to the "Itsy Bitsy Spider". What's not to love? There are dramatic actions and a story of perseverance. Hang in there Spider.
Food- Not much has changed in this arena. I still have a good appetite and I'm generally good about trying different foods. No complaints from Mom and Dad except that they are going broke due to the increase in grocery bills. Dad says if I keep eating at this pace Mom and I can share clothes soon. My favorite summertime food is definitely watermelon.
Word- I like to say "ow" a lot. One day a 7 year old at the park told my mom that I would be funny when I grew up. I believe the exact quote was, "He's going to be funny when he is older, I can tell". I've been working on my stand-up routine and one of my favorite bits is to pretend like I hurt myself and say "ow". Dad taught me that someone saying "ow" is funny and Mom says she can't wait to see how popular I am at daycare when I laugh hysterically every time another child gets hurt. One day when I was putting off falling asleep I repeatedly tapped my bottle (yes you read that right I'm still on a bottle but there are rumblings about it hitting the curb soon) on my knee and said "ow". Mom was ignoring me but I kept going and eventually started bopping myself in the head with it. It wasn't so funny when I actually hit myself in the forehead too hard and I really had to say "ow". Mom muttered something about karma.
Daily Living Skill- Does feeding Gretzky count as a daily living skill? It's necessary for her living... (notice there has been no mention of me wanting to eat her in this segment?)
Gross Motor Activity: Ummmm, climbing out of bed perhaps? Yesterday I decided I was going to be my own nap captain so Mom and Dad decided maybe this meant I was ready for the next step in "sleep independence" and they tried that out last night. Here is what I thought of "sleep independence" this morning:
Gretzky's look this morning sums up the general feel of the household:
![]() |
| I laugh in your face sleep independence! Bwahahaha! |
Gretzky's look this morning sums up the general feel of the household:
Fine Motor Activity: iPad! I recently learned of something called the iPad, or as I call it, the I-pah. With just my fingers I can play alphabet and number games, pretend to call silly animals, listen to music and look at the thousands of pictures of me that are on it. Mom decided to jump into the 19th century and get an iPhone (yes only the 19th century because she refused to get the 4s and only got the 4) and I was quick to grab it and open all the photos that were already on there because of some "Cloud" thing. Someone has to teach her to use it.
Here is a picture of me pointing to the "D" on the iPad because that is my favorite letter, it stands for "Daddy" even though I point to it and say "Appa". You'd be surprised at the amount of D's I can find it one day. Just today I pointed out to Mom that there was a D on my blanket and on the water fountain at the park. Then we stopped at Costco and there were D's all over the place. Dairy...proDuce...endless packaging with D's. I find M's for Mommy as well but I see her mug all day so it's not nearly as exciting to be reminded of her. The other morning I picked up a toy that said "Zoo" and pointed to the O and said "O". Mom stared at me for awhile and then just said "Yes, good job honey". I overheard her tell Dad about it and ask if he'd specifically gone over the letters on that toy with me. He had not, they both looked at me with wide eyes after that. Big whoop, so I like letters.
Here is a picture of me pointing to the "D" on the iPad because that is my favorite letter, it stands for "Daddy" even though I point to it and say "Appa". You'd be surprised at the amount of D's I can find it one day. Just today I pointed out to Mom that there was a D on my blanket and on the water fountain at the park. Then we stopped at Costco and there were D's all over the place. Dairy...proDuce...endless packaging with D's. I find M's for Mommy as well but I see her mug all day so it's not nearly as exciting to be reminded of her. The other morning I picked up a toy that said "Zoo" and pointed to the O and said "O". Mom stared at me for awhile and then just said "Yes, good job honey". I overheard her tell Dad about it and ask if he'd specifically gone over the letters on that toy with me. He had not, they both looked at me with wide eyes after that. Big whoop, so I like letters.
And lastly, favorite animal: This may come as a shocker to some of you, but my love for ducks has been replaced with my love for puppies! It occurred to my parents awhile ago that they couldn't remember the last time I'd referred to Gretzky as food and was exclusively calling her "puppy". Since then I've decided we should become better pals and I try to call her Gretzky, but let's be honest that is a crazy name and going to take me awhile. For now I just call her Gee (rhymes with another favorite word of mine, "key"). She is the first thing I ask for in the morning and I like to keep a close eye on her, her food, her amount of treats, her water. I like her to play where I play (and I will demand she join me) and I think she is so funny when she scratches her back on the floor. I like to mimic her and pretend to drink from bowls and scratch my back on the floor. Mom and Dad seem pleased with this change of events but Gee seems like she preferred me when I wanted her no where near me.
Sorry this post got a little lengthy. A lot has been going on and Mom and I thought we should be better about documenting some of these stories because she will for sure forget them and I'm still pretty young so I may not retain them into adulthood, but then again my memory seems to be in tip-top shape so maybe I will.
Sorry this post got a little lengthy. A lot has been going on and Mom and I thought we should be better about documenting some of these stories because she will for sure forget them and I'm still pretty young so I may not retain them into adulthood, but then again my memory seems to be in tip-top shape so maybe I will.



omg. You crack me up! Love the updates
ReplyDeleteI am soooo happy you are together with Simon helping learn, laugh, and grow. Mary A
ReplyDelete