Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day


Today we rocked the beach pre-nap and after 2.5 hours of nap time we woke Simon up and he made it to the couch to end up like this.

Luckily we started playing on the iPad and all the car driving noises woke him right up.

THEN we livened things up with spiral cut hot dogs.  Amaaahzing


"All hot dogs aren't spiral cut? Blasphemy." 
What's more American than hot dogs you ask???   Baseball.

Last weekend Simon attended his first Twin's game, in addition to meeting more of his Rambeck fam. It was a trillion degrees out so luckily for this mama he only insisted on being in the carrier on the walk to the stadium and while waiting to get in the doors. Once inside he enjoyed looking around,

but mostly eating.

We saw Kent Hrbek and I considered being the annoying "Will you take a picture with my son" mother but didn't dare. Also, Joe Mauer managed to hit a home run at Target Field. So I guess it's safe to say Mauer has also been affected by the EP shortage since apparently Simon is his good luck charm and he's been waiting for him before being able to hit the ball. JUSSAYIN.

We couldn't stay long because of bedtimes and what not, but we enjoyed our walk out of the park when no one else was around. We had all the time in the world to check out all the important things like statues and stuff...



Ok, but really the statues


Simon took a strong liking to Mrs. Pohlad's shoes and we spent several minutes admiring them. I like a good sensible heel as much as the next gal, but seriously Simon time to move on.


Simon thought he'd see if Kirby's knees were ticklish like Uncle Scottie's were and after a disappointing response we moved on to the Killer and then on our way home.

"Bye Bye Harmon"
On the way out I realized I never actually watched a single pitch and it was throwback jersey day (or whatever it's called) and I didn't see their outfits. Oh well.



1 comment:

  1. Yay for Simon's first 4th of July and all things American (hot dogs, baseball). I love all the pics but especially the one of the boys napping. OH, and we also tried the spiral hot dog trick! Amazingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete