Saturday, July 28, 2012

Because I'm lame now

I'm working on Saturday night. So I thought I'd blog to feel less lame for a few minutes. Except I'm not certain that's any less of a lame thing to be doing on a Saturday night? Is it cooler if the Olympics are playing in the background?

On Thursday Simon and I had a super fun day together. We went to the zoo in the morning. Here we are riding the monorail.
After nap we went to a local park that also has a splash pad.  In the past, Simon has not been big on splash pads but I was informed that he had enjoyed it with his daycare buds...hmmm.

He faked decent hesitance in the beginning...
No really Mom, I need you to run through it with me. I'm scared. See I can only put my toes in.
Maybe I should just play the bongo drums instead?

And then we just plain can't help ourselves because water on a hot day is hella fun.











This was post our first ever "Mom tucks you in and walks out while you fall asleep on your own" nap. And it actually went pretty decent. Not to mention I got a ton done AND Simon pooped on the potty that day. I thought I was mad awesome at motherhood. Simon sensed my over-confidence and threw an epic fit on Friday, reminding me that I really have no clue. He's good that way. It's nice to have someone keeping your ego in check. No one likes a know-it-all. 

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking that we may need to meet you and our friend N at that splash pad. We have not been there yet this year and need too! C needs to officially meet her boyfriends as well!

    And way cooler with the Olympics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I have been thinking a get together would be super fun as well. Loving all your updates on Claire and Henry. Just let us know when you think you would like to get out and we can set something up!

    ReplyDelete