The end is in sight! We finally got word today that we've been given final approval of our adoption of Archer JaeWon Rambeck! I feel like its been about 90 minutes since I woke up this morning and it's now 8pm, crazy day.
Right away this morning we started research flight options that made sense with the information we were given about best days to pick up and in the end Aug 19th was the best day to leave, my birthday! Usually I really like to milk my birthday and instead I'll be flying right into the next day and shortening the amount of time I can make people celebrate me. Boo. We land in Korea on the 20th and will take custody of Archer on the 24th, returning the 26th. I'm super excited that my mom and sister are coming with me! I have a very detailed list of sights so that we can pack it all in our 3 days of tourist time.
The flight that I ended up wanting was Delta the entire way there and back (we've always flown Korea or Asiana airlines) and so I called their 1-800 number for help since I needed 3 round trip and one 1-way and you can't do that online. Also saved me the hassle of having to find a travel agent and paying extra fees. Up until this point I had been on business mode of alerting people and researching stuff. Really had not even had a moment of emotional feelings, I was all business and running around. So I get my now dear friend Deborah on the line and she's super nice and getting everything lined up and I'm telling her the exact flight I want to be on and she's taking all of our names and then she asked me "And the name of the person who needs the 1-way ticket?" and I burst into tears! OMG. Like first I'm just silent and she's kinda asking for me and then I'm trying to talk so then she figures out I'm crying and she's like "It's ok, it's ok" and I'm apologizing and finally squeak out "We've just been waiting a long time to bring him home" and she was like "I thought that's what your flights were for but I didn't want to ask" and then SHE starts crying and we're a wreck. We finally pulled ourselves together and then she's trying to fill stuff out and she actually said "Bear with me, I'm kind of shaking". Oh boy. Then she was really sweet and waived some fees on Archer's ticket! She told me like 10 times that she was so glad she got my call and that it made her day and I just remembered I was going to try figure out who I could email at Delta to give her a nice review. Still need to figure that out.
So there you have it! End in sight, pretty soon this room will be filled with the energy of a little boy.
Right away this morning we started research flight options that made sense with the information we were given about best days to pick up and in the end Aug 19th was the best day to leave, my birthday! Usually I really like to milk my birthday and instead I'll be flying right into the next day and shortening the amount of time I can make people celebrate me. Boo. We land in Korea on the 20th and will take custody of Archer on the 24th, returning the 26th. I'm super excited that my mom and sister are coming with me! I have a very detailed list of sights so that we can pack it all in our 3 days of tourist time.
The flight that I ended up wanting was Delta the entire way there and back (we've always flown Korea or Asiana airlines) and so I called their 1-800 number for help since I needed 3 round trip and one 1-way and you can't do that online. Also saved me the hassle of having to find a travel agent and paying extra fees. Up until this point I had been on business mode of alerting people and researching stuff. Really had not even had a moment of emotional feelings, I was all business and running around. So I get my now dear friend Deborah on the line and she's super nice and getting everything lined up and I'm telling her the exact flight I want to be on and she's taking all of our names and then she asked me "And the name of the person who needs the 1-way ticket?" and I burst into tears! OMG. Like first I'm just silent and she's kinda asking for me and then I'm trying to talk so then she figures out I'm crying and she's like "It's ok, it's ok" and I'm apologizing and finally squeak out "We've just been waiting a long time to bring him home" and she was like "I thought that's what your flights were for but I didn't want to ask" and then SHE starts crying and we're a wreck. We finally pulled ourselves together and then she's trying to fill stuff out and she actually said "Bear with me, I'm kind of shaking". Oh boy. Then she was really sweet and waived some fees on Archer's ticket! She told me like 10 times that she was so glad she got my call and that it made her day and I just remembered I was going to try figure out who I could email at Delta to give her a nice review. Still need to figure that out.
So there you have it! End in sight, pretty soon this room will be filled with the energy of a little boy.
So excited for Archer to finally be in your arms forever!!! And please take the "after" pictures of his room, it will be hilarious to see the lived in version!
ReplyDelete