Feels pretty weird to be sitting here writing this blog post after all of this time. I have a little boy passed out on the floor in front of me and I just got the best workout of my life. I've burned at a minimum 5000 calories. Not sure how the plane ride home is going to go cuz this kid likes to move. We made it to the agency this morning and right away saw him playing with his foster mom and dad. He looked at me at started chattering away and i heard "appa" in there and they told me he was asking where his American Daddy is:) He repeated it several times. We made our way to the prayer ceremony by the agency's president with one other family and after some paperwork and standing around time we were shuffled to the van to say goodbye. They told me before that Archer knew he was going with us and seemed ok. He still was likely a little confused but no tears. His foster mom was very good about keeping a smile on her face while hugging and kissing and saying goodbye to him. I brought along what I figured were distracting toys and he did fine sitting in my lap. We were at the US EMBASSY for probably an hour and that entire time I was running around and trying to keep Arch from escaping. He was having a blast and just in the mood to play but I was getting a tad worn out and ready for them to get us out of there!! He rearranged a lot of furniture and explored every possible angle of the place. All with a smile on his face. Once we made it to the hotel I was hoping he'd take a nap because we were told he onky slept 6 hours the previous night. Yeah not so much! So we played played played, took a bath, ate a bunch, turned a lamp off and on 87 times and generally had a good time until he laid down on the floor and fell asleep while playing at about 7:20. I'm hoping this means he's going to sleep about 10 hours but who knows. I also havent tried moving him off of the hard wood floor so.....
Mom and Erica decided to go on a nightime adventure to a casino that Koreans are not allowed in?!? I'm curious to find out what they learned about gambling in Korea. I guess Koreans aren't allowed to gamble? Not sure.
I'm afraid to take Archer outside our hotel as I'm certain I'll lose him so tomorrow will probably consist of a lot of playing and swimming at the hotel. Hopefully Mom and Erica are going to make it to a palace for a tour. Possible rain tomorrow.
What a trooper (both of you!). And here I was worried about how emotionally you would be exhausted....good luck trying to keep him in line at the airport. These stories will be so fun to tell him one day. Safe travels home, we can't wait to meet him. xoxox
ReplyDeleteI feel like this is a dream! He's finally with his forever family and it's so amazing to see!! And I can't get enough of his adorable-ness!!!
ReplyDelete