Monday, February 3, 2014

How do I look into pressing charges against the makers of 'Frozen' since clearly that movie put some sort of voodoo curse on the planet?

Ugh. Seriously, Winter? Enough. Now don't get me wrong, I fancy myself a hearty Minnesotan who thinks everyone should suck it up and go to work/school/daycare but I'm sick.of.being.cold. My child has taken to warning me to not drive too fast in the morning and reminding me to call a fireman or tow truck if I'm in need of help. Between that and Steve's constant "It's icey, drive slow!", black ice has become the adult version of quick sand to me. No idea what it is, but I'm terrified of it.

But here we are and it's Winter and we're about to break some million year old record of days below zero in a winter so we embrace it. Recently we enjoyed an outdoor hockey game in the zero degree weather.


Not all activities are outdoors though. Simon and I went to The Very Hungry Caterpillar play with our buds, Heather and Gabe, recently. It was a ton of fun and Simon is at the height of the Hungry Caterpillar love right now. I'm really enjoying his interpretive dance that is performed with the nightly story these days.


Last week I went to New Orleans for work. Thought this was a delightful idea as it is freezing here and certainly I would warm up down south. PPPBBBBFT. After my flight leaving MN was cancelled due to cold weather here I had to hop on a connection through Atlanta to get to New Orleans. Anyone hear anything about Atlanta in the news last week? Literally I looked out the window as we were landing and was all, "When did the zombie apocalypse happen?" Cars and semi's were just parked in the middle of the freeway. I did eventually make it to NO. Also, I learned they don't use heat in the south:) (little joke for my plane buddy). So although I fancy myself a hearty Minnesotan I was kinda a gigantic baby. Plus I have a really irrational trait of hating places because of the weather so the 55 degrees there really set me off! (I already said it's irrational so no need to point out that that's like 70 degrees warmer than it is here). But my plane buddy was from New Orleans so I figure it can't be all that bad and I ended my trip with lots of laughs.

That said, I'm hopeful that at some point it will warm up and my fingers and toes will no longer be a little numb and a little purple. If not, we'll hold out for Disney World and hope that I'm not the polar vortex and the cold weather doesn't follow wherever I go. On the bright side, it's so cold we've had lots of clear blue skies and Simon is quick to point out the beautiful sunsets. Literally, "Look at that beautiful sunset" has been spoken to me twice in the last 3 days. He teaches me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment