Simon has been with us 663 days today. It may seem random to you, but it's actually a very special day. As of today, Simon has been with us for one more day then he has been without us. It is a nice reminder of how significant his life and time in Korea. I can't imagine having the life we've had with him and it suddenly being gone. Although it's easy to think of how great Simon's adoption has been for our family, it's important to remember that his life didn't begin with us and the time he spent without us is just as important. We continue to be thankful for his birth parents and foster parents and count our lucky stars that we are his forever parents. We love you so much, Simon.
When we asked Simon what his favorite dinner is he said "Macaroni Pizza...I mean, Pepperoni". So delivery pizza was our simple celebration. While eating, Steve commented how pizza was our first meal when we arrived home. We had fun laughing about how much Simon ate and how he continued to obsess about the leftovers. We have a video of us all up at 4am because Simon repeatedly led us to the fridge and requested pizza. Eventually, we ate all the pizza and Steve took the box out to the garage. Then, Simon repeatedly tried to get us to bring him to the garage! I managed to find this picture of us eating some of the sacred pizza. I'm pretty sure it must have been one of the middle of the night cravings according to my pj's and general loveliness.
And today...
When we asked Simon what his favorite dinner is he said "Macaroni Pizza...I mean, Pepperoni". So delivery pizza was our simple celebration. While eating, Steve commented how pizza was our first meal when we arrived home. We had fun laughing about how much Simon ate and how he continued to obsess about the leftovers. We have a video of us all up at 4am because Simon repeatedly led us to the fridge and requested pizza. Eventually, we ate all the pizza and Steve took the box out to the garage. Then, Simon repeatedly tried to get us to bring him to the garage! I managed to find this picture of us eating some of the sacred pizza. I'm pretty sure it must have been one of the middle of the night cravings according to my pj's and general loveliness.
And today...

Love this post!! I need to catch up over here! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this!! Such an amazing little guy and so blessed to have known him 663 days!
ReplyDelete