Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Great MN Get Together

 Simon was a busy guy this weekend. Saturday he had some bro time and spent the afternoon with his Dad and Uncle Scott. They went and got their science on at the Science Museum of MN. It appears they had a good time and they concluded the night at Scott's downtown bachelor pad where Simon played it cool chillin with the boys and watching Teen Wolf.









If that wasn't enough excitement for the weekend, on Sunday we explored the MN State Fair and Simon was able to enjoy his first "foods on sticks". Will definitely have to put that "first" in the baby book. We took a bus there, which clearly was a highlight for a certain little boy whose name begins with S. We rode plenty of tractors and Simon took his turn as a Farmer's Helper for the day. However, we were unable to visit the Miracle of Birth barn because they still have the pigs in there?!?!? UGH SO annoyed. Because of the swine flu you're not supposed to go in the swine barn with kids under 5, but since they still have the pigs in the baby barn we couldn't see ANY of the baby animals. Call me crazy, but how 'bout ya take the baby pigs out so little kids can see the other baby animals instead of none! Grrr. We still saw horses and I was super surprised that night when I was putting Simon to bed and recapping our day I talked about the fair and said "What else did we see?" and he answered me "horsies"?!? That is the first time where he's ever been able to answer a question that wasn't about something we were doing right in the moment. It shocked me.


 You'd think this was on the way home. Nope.

 First Fair Food! Corn Dog.
 This is the look of disdain we received for even thinking of putting him on something without a steering wheel.
 He succumbed to peer pressure and held onto the handlebars.
 THANK GOD A TRACTOR AND A STEERING WHEEL
 Seriously...can you even handle the bizarreness of this giant chicken?



Korean Tacos!

3 comments:

  1. The boys and I went to the fair and I didn't know about the dangers of swine flu and we actually got the swine flu! I usually just scoff at those 'over protective' warnings but I'll think twice before I go into the pig barn again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you just gave Steve a reason for "I told you so" because I totally thought it wasn't a big deal but Steve said we weren't going in! ha! Guess we were raised the same:) Can't believe you all had the swine flu. Glad you are ok. We didn't get swine flu but we're not exactly healthy here either. Another post....

    btw- what's up with solypaz and months of no updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My attention span is short and feeble. I did start a new blog called something like three little things, but I never even managed one post on that one ;). One day...

      Delete