Last weekend Steve and I had our first real "Date Night" since Simon came home. Last January when we thought we were traveling in February I dropped a not so subtle hint to Steve that Coldplay tickets for my birthday and our first night out may be nice. I started to become worried as our wait to travel extended that we would not be ready for date night, but we were all ready for date night. Simon was able to have a fun evening with Uncle Scotty. As far as we know, Simon was well behaved and had no problem with Scott feeding him dinner and going to bed. They appeared to have fun.
Steve and I met our friends Jfer and Johnny Ireland for a drink before heading to the concert. It was a beautiful night and fun to be out on the Liffey Patio. The band puts on a good show and they have a lot of theatrical elements that we don't often see at the concerts we frequent.
Steve and I met our friends Jfer and Johnny Ireland for a drink before heading to the concert. It was a beautiful night and fun to be out on the Liffey Patio. The band puts on a good show and they have a lot of theatrical elements that we don't often see at the concerts we frequent.
Today was my actual birthday which Simon and Steve still worked to make a nice day. Simon began serenading me "Happy To You" last night via monitor because Steve told him that it was my birthday in the morning. Guess he didn't want to forget. Then the whole fam went to Psycho Suzi's for brunch. Gretzky too. Simon didn't seem to think anything strange of the dog joining us for brunch at the time, but tonight while I was tucking him in we recapped the day and when I mentioned Gretzky joining us for brunch he threw out a "silly puppy". I also received two birthday cards this year that contained monkeys and the phrase "Go Bananas". I'm apparently giving off a strong primate vibe? I'll have to be more conscientious of that.
| Love taking pics when our mouths are stuffed with food |
Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday weekend!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sooo jealous of Cold Play!!! Oh, and LOVE the haircut! :)
ReplyDelete