Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I'm a few days behind, but that's because I got a new camera for mother's day and I didn't know how to download pics yet!

It was a fun day and great weather. Simon brought me my diet mt. dew in bed which promptly exploded all over me and the sheets when I opened it because he had dropped it. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but if I'm going to eat anything it's a piece of toast with cheese. I also received that in bed and Simon and Gretzky quickly fought over who was going to actually eat it:)  I got a few bites anyhow. Later that morning we went to brunch which is my fave! Because absolutely brunch and breakfast are 2 different things I don't care if I did have eggs benedict. It wasn't breakfast. Of course brunch was not without surprises as well. Before we left for Korea we heard that our favorite brunch spot, Nick & Eddie's, lease was up but that they were possibly just moving around the corner. Steve made a reservation online, their website was still up, he tried calling to confirm but the voicemail was full...yep they are closed and not re-opened anywhere else! AH! I'm more concerned about the possibility that they aren't re-opening at all than not having brunch there on mother's day. Joe's Garage is right next door and we had a great brunch there and then walked around Loring Park a little afterwards. After writing all of this it sounds like it was some sort of mother's day gone wrong, but it was perfect. My mind was also with Simon's birth mom that day. I hope that I am being the mother she wanted for Simon. I want to make her proud of her selfless decision because I know that we are benefitting from her and Simon's loss of each other. Simon, remember that you have moms all over the world that love you. You have a birth mom and foster mom in Korea who miss you. I'm so grateful to be your forever mom.







4 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures and look forward to all the stories. Don't quit -----Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most gracious forever mom anyone could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My laptop isn't working so I always have so much trouble with my phone. Love this post, can't wait for Sol and Simon to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words written by a beautiful mom. Good job dad on the gift!

    ReplyDelete