It has been ONE month since our Family Day! I can't decide if it's gone so fast that I can't believe it's been that long or that I can't believe he hasn't always been here...currently I'm shocked that it's already been a month. I remember running into a fellow dog walker after arriving home and they said, "We didn't know you had a baby". We showed Simon off a little and they said "How long has he been home?" 3 days. 3 DAYS! In a way it seems strange that we can't measure it in days anymore.
The past two weeks have been interesting. About two weeks in, Simon decided he was comfortable enough to have tantrums:) Good news right? He trusts us enough to tantrum. He is also strong-willed...which is a great source of pride for us and also exhausting. During week 3 he decided I didn't need to carry him ALL of the time, but I needed to be close by. Week 4 has been all about showing how independent we are. Luckily, he still loves to snuggle but is also looking to show us what a big boy he is. We've always figured he's pretty social by nature and that is what we were told, but we're just seeing some glimpses into this side of him recently. I like to call him the neighborhood welcoming committee. He loves to wave at cars and say hi/bye. He thinks it's especially hilarious to do this while riding his car up and down the sidewalk and it always happens to be around 5:00 when everyone's coming home from work. People are literally stopping their cars in the street to talk to him. It's borderline embarrassing. We try to be helpful and pick up the mail while we're at it.

Yesterday we decided to visit Dad at work and say "hi" to our friends at USES. Everyone was very sweet and excited to see Simon, I think he believes he is a celebrity there. We also learned that I never need to pack toys when visiting Dad at the office because for some reason toys are in abundance at that place... :)
Then today we visited the International Festival of Nations, which Steve and I went to last year by ourselves the day after receiving very
terrible news. It was so much fun to bring Simon this year even if he doesn't really get it and just wants to run around:) We met up with friends, including our bud Alex who has been patiently awaiting Simon's arrival!
This is likely an event that will become more entertaining as our boys age, but we had fun nonetheless. We danced and ate, no way you can go wrong with that combo!
 |
Dads are in charge
|
 |
| Korean Dance |
 |
| Trying out the mandu (check out my cool new kicks from the morning shopping trip with Dad) |
 |
| I'll Share with Mom |
 |
| Just Kidding! Dad looks hungry. |
what a fashionista! can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete-Rea