Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Other...Slumber Party!

This weekend Steve and I hosted a sleepover for our 5 nieces and nephews. We had lots of fun and Steve, Gretzky, and I are tired:) But the good kind of tired where we are just worn out from more activity that we are used to.  We are in training, ya know.  We went to the local Outdoor Center to look at animals and explore the "secret trail".  Literally there is a sign that says "Secret Trail".  Ah...secrets out folks.  We visited the park (twice), made sushi, played Wii, watched a movie, and dyed Easter eggs.  Then we hosted brunch for my sisters and brothers-in-law.  I also learned that we need more kid-friendly food in our house (I mean...we had sushi, what more could they want? BTW- that activity was specifically because my niece told me she wanted to try sushi and Steve and I took a class years ago and hadn't tried at home yet).  They were all very well behaved and hopefully had a good time.  We are incredibly blessed that Simon has such fabulous older cousins for role models.  Here are some pictures of our adventures this weekend.
Outdoor Center- Will, Bauston, Savannah, Luke & Steve
Savannah with a turtle
Will trying out the Kayak. Ian is keeping an eye on him...
Game Time
Running to the park. Those two specks are Ian and Will. 
I swear Steve was up there and closer to them.
There was an entire playground and Will is hanging from the soccer goal :)
I'm not sure what to say about this picture.
Sushi rolling
The kids found it appropriate to say "sushi" instead of "cheese".
 Dying Eggs.

Thanks for coming over!

No comments:

Post a Comment