We are beyond thrilled to report that we got a BRIEF update! I received an email to my phone while we were meeting up with friends prior to TRF's first game at the state hockey tournament. I momentarily went into a state of shock and I think I was saying something like "Oh my God, where is Steve?" and then yelled at him and jumped up and down and waved my arms across the bar. Then I started mini-crying, but was only surrounded by friends so not too embarrassed. We are happy to report that Simon is doing well and growing healthily. We did not get a picture yet, but were told that they will send us another update with pictures after his next appointment which should be next week. Here is an update of his development as of February 14th:
- He weighs 20 lbs and is 27.16 inches
- He plays peek-a-boo (my favorite piece of info!)
- He responds to his name
- Rolls over
- Crawls (or tries...whatever that means)
- Uses pincher grasp
- Lowers to sitting from furniture
- Is imitating sounds
Simon seems to be a good sleeper (Steve's favorite piece of info). It is reported that he is sleeping from 9pm-6am and takes 3-4 naps during the day. It also notes that he likes baths and I had a dream that Simon was home with me and he asked me to give him a bath!
So we are satisfied for now, but looking forward to his picture and additional update. P.S. apparently every time we get Simon information something extra special happens for Steve. The day we got Simon's info we also got our new Mac computer and after getting Simon's update today TRF beat Breck in their first game of the tourney. GO PROWLERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment