I'm going to apologize now for any puncuation errors because I am typing on a different keyboard so things are a little wonky! Our flight here was fairly uneventful, but always humorous. We landed in CHI for our connection at the very longest possible commute you can have between gates. We could probably have taken another connection just to get between gates. We made it with plenty of time thought and only partially sweating through our clothes. Simon woke up easily that morning and was raring to go. I don't think he stopped talking for the first 6 hours of our trip. Some highlights include yelling "Bathroom boy time" and fist bumping steve on their way into the restroom at the airport and saying "We're gonna see Archer! High 5 Mom!" on the plane. I think I've been asked "When are we *fill in the blank with whatever the next thing we are waiting for *" 8 trillion times. They had us on "nap time" on the plane for like 10 hours so there wasnt much to do besides watch movies. Simon napped some, but could have used a little more. We had a few moody hours but overall he has handled everything like a champ. Essentially he only slept like 2 hours in a 24 hour period so considering....
When we first got on the plane we had sorta an odd placement which we had been told but they told us that the flight was pretty empty so it would give us extra space. We ended up with 6 seats for the 3 of us. But first I had someone in the three seat section I was in. She told me she noticed Simon and how cute he was and asked if he was adopted. She said she was with a group of people and they noticed our family and thought we looked happy. So I thank you and I knew she was wanting to chat and she seemed very kind and then shared that she is a professor of social work at a university in Seoul and was traveling with a group of students and they had been at the Weisman Center in Madison. She also told me as a Korean person she thanks us for adopting children in Korea that need homes. I told her that we are lucky and she asked a few more questions and then told me she had been reassigned a seat by her group and she left, but found me when the plane landed and gave me her card.
Once we landed we did customs and immigration and found our luggage and a wifi hotspot and off to the taxis for a 45 minute ride to our hotel. Not long into our ride I had a feeling our driver maybe wasnt the most experienced driver. He was sooo slow. I was goingg a little crazy at this point and I swear other cars were constantly honking at us. Then we get close and he basically stopped in the middle of this busy road and did nothing, again while cars are driving around us honking. Then he rols down his window and just starts asking people if they know where our hotel us. I was about to lose it. After a few more minutes of driving around slowly we found our hotel right in time for Simon to say "Does this taxi driver even know what he's doing?" I mean I hear ya Simon but pshhhht.
We were in bed by 7:30 Seoul time, Simon was up at 2am thinking he was ready to rock for the day but luckily fell asleep again about 4 until 6:45 and we had some semblance of a regular day although me and Simon fell asleep for a little long at nap and had a hard time waking up and now Simon is just getting to bed at 10pm. But not bad considering. Tomorrow we have a free day and are hoping to hit some sites. Oh yeah and it's way hot. I think we are going to need to do a lot of morning and evening activities...
When we first got on the plane we had sorta an odd placement which we had been told but they told us that the flight was pretty empty so it would give us extra space. We ended up with 6 seats for the 3 of us. But first I had someone in the three seat section I was in. She told me she noticed Simon and how cute he was and asked if he was adopted. She said she was with a group of people and they noticed our family and thought we looked happy. So I thank you and I knew she was wanting to chat and she seemed very kind and then shared that she is a professor of social work at a university in Seoul and was traveling with a group of students and they had been at the Weisman Center in Madison. She also told me as a Korean person she thanks us for adopting children in Korea that need homes. I told her that we are lucky and she asked a few more questions and then told me she had been reassigned a seat by her group and she left, but found me when the plane landed and gave me her card.
Once we landed we did customs and immigration and found our luggage and a wifi hotspot and off to the taxis for a 45 minute ride to our hotel. Not long into our ride I had a feeling our driver maybe wasnt the most experienced driver. He was sooo slow. I was goingg a little crazy at this point and I swear other cars were constantly honking at us. Then we get close and he basically stopped in the middle of this busy road and did nothing, again while cars are driving around us honking. Then he rols down his window and just starts asking people if they know where our hotel us. I was about to lose it. After a few more minutes of driving around slowly we found our hotel right in time for Simon to say "Does this taxi driver even know what he's doing?" I mean I hear ya Simon but pshhhht.
We were in bed by 7:30 Seoul time, Simon was up at 2am thinking he was ready to rock for the day but luckily fell asleep again about 4 until 6:45 and we had some semblance of a regular day although me and Simon fell asleep for a little long at nap and had a hard time waking up and now Simon is just getting to bed at 10pm. But not bad considering. Tomorrow we have a free day and are hoping to hit some sites. Oh yeah and it's way hot. I think we are going to need to do a lot of morning and evening activities...
No comments:
Post a Comment