We we FOUR days away from leaving for Korea and SIX days away from meeting this guy.
Who, evidently, thinks he is hilarious.
Dare I say it, we are pretty organized. Mostly because in those four days we are going to a concert and going to the cabin for a day and a half so we've been motivated to prep. Simon CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER DAY TO MEET HIS BROTHER. Which translates to a split between euphoria and devestation. But, we're getting so close now I think he feels like it's close enough to just be excited about it and we have enough fun things in the next couple days that he'll be distracted. When I picked him up from school yesterday it was a chorus of "Simon is SO excited to go to Korea." I think he's told everyone who will listen to him that he is going to Korea to see his brother and has even gone into such detail that one of the teachers told me Simon told him that "Archer doesn't know me so he might do things like hit me, but he just has to get used to me." I think he's already prepping for the transition to home. I have 8 million games and activities and snacks packed (and Simon may have already found the Lego sticker book in your clsoet Steve) so although it will be a long time in the plane we have a lot of variety of activities and of course movies. I'm hoping he'll sleep for just a few hours, but not enough that he won't be able to sleep the night we get there. When we land it will be like 2am to our bodies, but 4pm there. Meaning we need to be able to sleep through the night and get rested for our 11am meeting with Archer the next day, yikes! In addition to that meeting, we have one other meeting with him later in the week, a meeting with the President of our adoption agency and a lunch at the agency (I remember from last time it's sooo good), seeing Simon's foster family and our Court Appearance. I've made a list of other activities to fill in the days and the weather is looking "okay". July is actually not a great month to travel to Korea because it's hot and rainy, but so far it's looking like we should get some dry days and we have indoor activities for the days they are needed. We've heard the rain can be torrential downpours so I really hope that is just a couple days at it's worst! I'll do my best to update here a few times while we are gone. If anything just to share pictures! XO
No comments:
Post a Comment