Simon is in the Halloween glory days of loving to dress-up, decorate pumpkins, run wild with friends and obviously loving to eat candy. He told me about 6 months ago that he wanted to be Heatwave the Rescuebot for Halloween so I figured with that advanced notice I should probably let him do that.
Simon loves carving pumpkins and this has kinda become his and Steve's thing so I'm mostly around to observe. We've gone to this same little pumpkin patch the last 3 years.
 |
| Carved, fake teeth and painted. What I like to call the pumpkin trifecta. |
 |
| You're supposed to put 4 different faces on one pumpkin with those Mr. Potatohead style pumpkin kits right? |
Our neighbors have an annual Halloween party which the 3 of us have yet to manage to get to all at once for a true family costume. I did sport some Rescuebot glasses, but other than that I didn't put a ton of effort into my costume.
Next year I'm going to make it mandatory that the 4 of us go together and come up with a sweet family costume. Mostly Simon played in the leave pile that was the size of a mini-van, but he also participated in the piƱata- which is something he has typically refused to do so I was excited about that.
And here are the 3 pictures I took of the group. Simon was sitting and smiling so I started snapping in case that didn't persist but now the progression of the moms getting out of the picture while Simon is like frozen in time cracks me up.
They are all so cute. And see all those little boys Archer's age?!
So FINALLY it was actually Halloween and time to get down to business. Simon ravaged the neighborhood with our big group and despite the fact that it was quite freezing, it didn't feel too bad out. While our big group of people wandered the neighborhood we ran into some ladies that were like "Are you ALL together?" (there were a couple points that Steve got confused and ended up in some other groups...) anyhow....they were super cute and going on about how lucky we are to have this group of kids and friends and how growing up together will be so fun. I have to agree.
 |
| We got "boo'd" by one of our neighbors. I had no idea Halloween had its own May Day type activities. |
 |
| I actually verified with Steve that this was just our group because I didn't realize there were this many of us. I think this was at our max. There was some variance with people coming and going. |
No comments:
Post a Comment