Monday, December 29, 2014

Archer's Christmas

While it was not easy to accept that we were missing Archer's 3rd Christmas, we enjoyed it and celebrated, received new pictures of him and saw that he received his Christmas package in time.

Hungry Caterpillar (book Simon can read to him), Play phone and I Love You Through and Through book in Hangul.
Does he like the phone...or not?

Showing us his studious side, posing with a book. 

And because it's been awhile, here are some photos we received last month.





So if I'm being honest (because I want to be and because this is how I document and want my boys to know some of the true feelings I go through) I totally thought I had Christmas covered. I've known for a few months that he definitely wouldn't be here, I've done this before (I mean seriously it's the 5th Christmas in a row I've spent with one of my boys half way around the world), wasn't feeling like I was going to be over-emotional. It's just another day. And then this happened...


We go to Steve's work Santa brunch which has the sweetest Santa and Mrs. Clause ever and they have been posing with at least pictures of Simon for like 4 years now and this year they remember us and after this picture they ask me when Archer will be home and out of no where I burst into tears. Omigod.....luckily, not that many people were around because I could not get it together. So I'm silently crying while facing them hoping that no one else notices and get this. Santa.doesn't.break.character. (I feel like this should be on of those "Faith in Humanity Restored" pins) So now I have Santa holding my hand and saying "Santa knows, Santa knows". Dear God. So of course this just makes me cry harder and I'm not getting it together any faster here. Before I know it Santa is hugging me, pretty soon we're in a group hug with Simon. What a scene. But luckily I don't think that many more people realized because it's just like an open house so not like there were a bunch of people standing around in line. But there you have it Archer, you made me cry like a lunatic to Santa Clause. Following that, I again thought I had it together but I may have had one more mini-crying meltdown on Christmas Day.

What would have been good to know prior to Santa brunch and may have prevented freakout tears, is that our emigration permission paperwork was going to be submitted before the end of the year! That's right folks. We were under the impression that submissions were done for the year and then we found out that Arch's paperwork was submitted on December 18th. Best Christmas present ever! Naturally, everyone's next question is "So when do you travel?" At this point its still so hard to narrow down a travel time because of several steps that need to happen and varying timelines for each. My best guess is Arch will be home 4-7 months from now. What we are waiting to hear on now is that his emigration permission is approved and then we are submitted to the courts and wait for a court date in Korea.

Oh and here is the adorable sign our cute neighbors promptly made us upon hearing the good news of emigration permission submission!








No comments:

Post a Comment