Monday, May 19, 2014

Archer Update- Going "Private"


I've neglected several Archer updates and frankly it's unacceptable. I know it's because I can't really post his pictures, but since this blog is for me to document moments of Simon and Archer's lives I think it's probably time I remedy the situation for my dear sweet Archie. Being I can't post his picture on a public blog, I end up putting off posting....and thus haven't kept up on many aspects of our wait for him. Poor 2nd children (and I mean DONT even START me on the neglect of 3rd children:) ) Because of this I've decided I'm going to make the blog "private" sooner rather than later. I always knew I would have to at some point, but I guess that time is now! So just fyi, private means that you'll need to shoot me an email that you want to be able to see posts and I let you. I'm by no means telling people they are not able to follow us. I love that you read about our lives and care about our boys. Shoot me an email at rainyalberg@yahoo.com and I'll make sure you are on the list of people able to view the blog. I won't make the change for a couple weeks so you've got time.

BUT while I'm here and talking about our adorable little Arch I may as well tell you what he's been up to. 

The morning we left for Disney we got an email with a super nice write up about everything he has been up to. The write up is from February when he was 17 months. Some of my favorite pieces of info are that he is not a picky eater; he likes rice but don't you dare put it in his soup first:) He prefers it on the side. He is also eating tofu, eggs, spinach, fish, chicken, and still likes bananas. Just like the info we received about him initially with his referral, he continues to loves baths. Like, when bath is over he does not want to get out of the water and if his foster mother is trying to take a bath or shower on her own he knocks on the bathroom door to try get in! ha! He sounds like a good sleeper as well. It says that he doesn't fight sleep; he'll play on his own for awhile and then lie down. He is saying a few words and if he wants something he'll yell or drag a chair over and try get it himself. He likes to stack blocks and then clap for himself before knocking them down. He pretends to "draw" and seems to enjoy it. He is following one step directions such as "bring the bottle". While foster mom washes dishes, he likes to open the cupboards and play with the things he takes out and he also pretends to hang laundry with her. All sounds pretty adorable if you ask me. 

The million dollar question is when does Archer come home? As hard as it is to say, we really have no idea at this point but honestly it could be around a year. I'd say best case scenario 8-10 months but it could be over a year too. Hopefully the next few months will show some movement and we'll have a better idea. I guess the upside of a 2nd child is that you know once they are here none of the other stuff matters and you're just happy to move forward with them in that moment. I think of him every day and hope that I'll see him soon. I'm very grateful for the smiling photos we've received of him and I'm very comforted by seeing his foster mother with him in some photos. She has a very kind face, I'm confident she is loving on him just as I want to. 

We have sent some care packages in the last few months as well. I've been grabbing them a little last minute sometimes so I'm not necessarily taking pictures of everything that ends up in the package! For example:


I put this together and then ended up taking out the shoes and shirts. So he got some new pants a hat and those really cool trucks. Seriously the trucks are really cool. Simon commandeered them for a good month before I was able to send them and they entertained him a lot. They are essentially wooden blocks with tires and they each have 2 removable pieces so you are able to create a variety of truck/car options. I'm feeling kinda lame that I'm sending Archer some hand me downs, but it's some of my favorite stuff from Simon's little days that he didn't wear that much so my fingers are crossed that his foster mom will take pics of him in it so we have cute little pictures of them in matching outfits. I've already donated a ton of Simon's clothes being Archer will never fit into them. That kinda sucked and made me sad. 

And since you're here you are probably wondering what Archer's left hand has been up to...
He's just got the whole world in it, no biggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment