Simon only planned his birthday party for about the past 6 months so you can only imagine our surprise when it finally arrived and all our plans went out the window with the rain. Whatevs right? Moving on...this year we were able to celebrate the big day on his actual birthday being it was a Saturday so we decided to play up the flag day status and have a little flag theme. Granted it was supposed to go along with the backyard water party and BBQ ribs and corn etc, but instead we were just inside and ate ribs and had some flags floating about. Either way, he was happy and all his favorite people were here to celebrate so it was great.
Earlier in the week he received a nice surprise from his foster mother and father, a new hanbok! He is mucho handsome in it.
For the big day we contemplated getting S a motorized 4-wheeler type thing but really didn't want to since our entire neighborhood and our yard and our drive way is totally hilly and I just pictured that being a total nightmare. Plus, Simon is obsessed with "cooking". Like all the time cooks regardless of where he is and what the area is meant for. So one day I said, "Simon, would you like a 4-wheeler or a kitchen for your birthday?" and he replied, "Hmm, I'm gonna have to think about that." I took that as, do what you think is best Mom I know you got my back. So we went with kitchen and the kid hasn't said a word about a 4-wheeler and we play kitchen every day.
Earlier in the week he received a nice surprise from his foster mother and father, a new hanbok! He is mucho handsome in it.
For the big day we contemplated getting S a motorized 4-wheeler type thing but really didn't want to since our entire neighborhood and our yard and our drive way is totally hilly and I just pictured that being a total nightmare. Plus, Simon is obsessed with "cooking". Like all the time cooks regardless of where he is and what the area is meant for. So one day I said, "Simon, would you like a 4-wheeler or a kitchen for your birthday?" and he replied, "Hmm, I'm gonna have to think about that." I took that as, do what you think is best Mom I know you got my back. So we went with kitchen and the kid hasn't said a word about a 4-wheeler and we play kitchen every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment