Monday, May 19, 2014

2 Years

I've been late on updating lots of important events and I still intend to get to them, but mostly wanted to note our "Family Day", i.e. 2 years since Simon was with us forever. April 5th 2012 he joined us forever and two days later we arrived home. I watched a video we have of us arriving to the airport just the other night and it makes me cry every time.

This year we asked Simon what he wanted to do and he said "pajama party". Easy enough and I'm going to enjoy his simple wishes while he is young and simple. Simon did not yet have a real bike so we surprised him with a "green bike with training wheels and pegs". We also had his gift from Korea which this year was a small book with a couple small train toys. Simon is uber into fishing which is hilarious and fun so Steve also got him a Wii fishing game. So now Simon will often ask to trade in his iPad time for fishing with dad. It's pretty hilarious. He has a whole outfit he has to get on for it and he doesn't actually like to play the game. Steve just plays it and they talk about the fish and everything else and then Simon will pretend to catch a walleye and make Steve pretend to eat it. It's a whole "thing". So we wore our pajamas and played the fishing game and rode the bike and watched a movie with popcorn. We also dyed Easter eggs and while I was trying to quickly hang some stuff on the fire place Simon came up fully decked out in his working clothes and quickly climbed the ladder to help out.








No comments:

Post a Comment