Saturday, November 2, 2013

One Year Ago Today

Anyone remember what they were doing a year ago today?? Well, one year ago yesterday we finalized Simon's adoption in court. Which means one year ago today, I drove to our adoption agency with the application to start our second adoption (have you figured out where this post is heading?)

Today I decided it was time to give our blog a makeover. Why, you ask? Because our 2nd son is deserving of a grand introduction. I proudly announce, Archer JaeWon Rambeck, has been added to our family.


Here is a pic of his adorable chubby hand and a little of his double chin:) Despite going through the adoption process recently, a lot has changed in the Korea program which I'll explain as we go. But first of all, we are not able to post pictures of Archer on social media type sites. Eventually I'll probably make the blog private so that we can post pictures of him and update during travel, etc.

Archer was born September 20th 2012, so he is already one year old! The most recent information we received about Archer is from his 10 month appointment. At that time he was 29 inches and 21.5 lbs. His Korean name translates: Jae- "existence" and Won- "first" and he was named that in the hopes that he would "live a life to be the first in all things". He is saying "Mom" and "Dad" in Korean and tries to copy other words. He is walking while holding things and takes a few steps on his own. His favorite toy is toy cars. We are anxiously awaiting an update and hopefully newer pictures. So excited to finally share this news and will gladly show off his picture to anyone outside of this site! He is beautiful with big eyes and lips. I heart my little Archie.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I love the blog's new look. I soooo hope that you don't have to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! What a sweet little hand!! I am sure he has the sweetest little face too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It is so fun to be sharing this news! We appreciate the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm just laughing so hard at the fact that you posted just his hand. I'm thankful I got to see the rest of his adorableness! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I posted his hand, I'm changing the name of this blog to "Our Book Of Hands" and plan to have you all watch his ever growing left hand for the next 12-24 months:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to squeeze him!!

    ReplyDelete