I'm bringing back care package updates! I have actually already sent Archer two care packages. Ohhh, it brings back memories. Jamming as much stuff as possible into a gallon size ziplock bag. Challenge Accepted.
During the past year (at least) I've picked up items that I like in hopes of sending them to my next little man. Once we had Archer's info I quickly dug it all out to decide what to send first. First, we knew we'd likely get a referral of a slightly older child so I always bought stuff at least in the 12 months size. So, as it turns out I had A LOT of stuff in the size 12 months. Since Archer was already 12 months, I had to send it all stat. Which means, his first package was stuffed with clothes. Poor kid, booooring. I did manage to stick a wooden Goldy car in with it.
Now I'm good and filled with guilt on how boring the packages have been for him and recently stocked up on some toys and books for future care packages. Except I think I can't sent another one for at least a month...
During the past year (at least) I've picked up items that I like in hopes of sending them to my next little man. Once we had Archer's info I quickly dug it all out to decide what to send first. First, we knew we'd likely get a referral of a slightly older child so I always bought stuff at least in the 12 months size. So, as it turns out I had A LOT of stuff in the size 12 months. Since Archer was already 12 months, I had to send it all stat. Which means, his first package was stuffed with clothes. Poor kid, booooring. I did manage to stick a wooden Goldy car in with it.
Evidently, I have a thing with lions since I had purchased 2 shirts with lions on them? Obviously, Archer needed some Gretzky pj's. And I was beyond thrilled when I saw the cute outfit I had bought with the race car on it, after reading that cars are Archer's favorite toy. Clearly mother's intuition:) I also stuffed in a disposable camera so his foster mother can start catching up on lost picture time and sent a photo album filled with photos of us and we put one of him in it as well.
Recently, I sent some winter gear for my Archie. I figured I better get it there quick and managed to stuff the bag with a puffy jacket, hat, mittens and sweater.
No comments:
Post a Comment