I hope everyone is slowly coming down from their sugar high. We had a great first halloween in our new neighborhood and enjoyed hitting the houses with a few neighbors. Simon thinks this is the best holiday ever and after a few houses was quick to ring the doorbell and declare "trick-or-treat!" He was also quick to inform me that the M&M's he picked out once we were home did not count as his dessert. I corrected him on that assumption.
He made a pretty stellar Buzz Lightyear, but his sidekick maybe turned more heads.
Steve decided to go for "Dad of the Week" and took Simon to a neighborhood party (among other things) while I enjoyed a girls weekend.
The two of them went to a pumpkin patch, carved their pumpkins and attended the party.
Then, Steve also went to Simon's school's Unicef parade for pennies today which I also missed.
| Had to include this pic as I think his little butt is just too cute. |
Luckily, Simon thinks I'm the "best" so I can get away with some laziness.
Recent conversation:
Simon: Dad, Mom's the best. She's my favorite
Me: Simon, we can both be the best.
Simon: *Nods at me knowingly and turns back to Steve* We're both the best.
However, this took place prior to boys weekend extravaganza so I'm pretty sure Simon's sentiment would be different this week.
Luckily, we stopped by Nicole's house to say hi and she took a pic of us so I show some presence in the halloween festivities.

No comments:
Post a Comment