This past month a lot of dates have been meaningful. I spent most of March 5th trying to remember whose birthday I was forgetting. Then I finally realized March 5th didn't stand out as important because of someone's birthday, it was the day Simon's Emigration Paperwork was finally submitted. After that I was reminded of the day we found out it was approved. Last Saturday I thought about how that was the day we finally received our long awaited travel call. Sunday I thought about how we were leaving for Korea, Monday I thought about landing in Korea, and Tuesday I thought about the day where we finally laid eyes on our precious Simon in person. Real life Simon. Not the pictures we had fallen in love with. It was weird once we got home I realized how attached I had been to his pictures. I literally was in love with a few of the pictures.
I talked to Simon a little bit about seeing him for the first time that night. He just smiled and nodded along. I never know if he really remembers things or if he's just happily playing along. He always acts like he knows what I'm talking about...I typically believe him. I also told him "I love you" in Korean that night and he gave me a sweet smile and repeated it. It surprised me because I don't remember the last time I said it to him. Then I reminded him about the first time he gave me a kiss and did the bow on our first meeting. He thought it was hilarious to do the bow so the last couple days whenever I say "Saranghae" he repeats it and bows.
So here I am, the night before Simon has officially been in our arms for a year and I feel like there are a million things I want to write. There is no way I'll do any of it justice though so mostly I want to say that I have no idea how we became lucky enough to be Simon's parents. He truly is amazing to us. I know I haven't been blogging as much lately, but it's because it's just life for us now and our days are going quickly. At the same time, that is why I want to keep this blog up, so I continue to document little pieces at a time. Another day, when I'm feeling more verbose, I'll talk more about Simon's personality. Right now, I just want to soak it up.
I talked to Simon a little bit about seeing him for the first time that night. He just smiled and nodded along. I never know if he really remembers things or if he's just happily playing along. He always acts like he knows what I'm talking about...I typically believe him. I also told him "I love you" in Korean that night and he gave me a sweet smile and repeated it. It surprised me because I don't remember the last time I said it to him. Then I reminded him about the first time he gave me a kiss and did the bow on our first meeting. He thought it was hilarious to do the bow so the last couple days whenever I say "Saranghae" he repeats it and bows.
So here I am, the night before Simon has officially been in our arms for a year and I feel like there are a million things I want to write. There is no way I'll do any of it justice though so mostly I want to say that I have no idea how we became lucky enough to be Simon's parents. He truly is amazing to us. I know I haven't been blogging as much lately, but it's because it's just life for us now and our days are going quickly. At the same time, that is why I want to keep this blog up, so I continue to document little pieces at a time. Another day, when I'm feeling more verbose, I'll talk more about Simon's personality. Right now, I just want to soak it up.



Simon has blessed so many of our lives. It's been such a joy to watch him grow this past year. Can't wait to see what the next year brings. xoxo
ReplyDelete