I've been a terrible blogger in November. This blog is a little birthday gift to my Aunt Debbie. I hope she gets a good laugh out of it. I sure did. Maybe you have heard of damnyourautocorrect.com. Seriously, this site got me through the beginning of 2012. No lie. I was on it several times a day for a quick laugh between the dates of Jan 1st and March 30th last year.
If you aren't familiar with autocorrect, it's something an iPhone does if it thinks you have misspelled a word. It's often right, its often horribly wrong. Also, my phone pulls from our contact list. Which is great because I don't use capitalization (or punctuation for that matter) when I'm texting and yet my phone always knows to capitalize the names of people in our contacts list.
The other day I was on a conference call at work. I just needed to listen. And of course at the end of the hour long conference call I realize that although I put my phone on speaker so I could listen, I did not put it on mute. Awesome. Totally had a moment of panic while reviewing the hour in my head to try remember if I talked to anyone or if I was noisy in any way. Luckily, I had a friend to text to ask if she heard any noise on the call and I was in the clear.
COULD. NOT. PULL. MYSELF. TOGETHER. Luckily my office door was still closed from the conference call because I was in hysterics. And I really needed to get going because I had to pick up Simon from daycare but I could not stop laughing/crying. I eventually just left. And laughed the entire 4 block walk to my car. People were staring. I was embarrassed for awhile and considered holding my phone up to my head so it looked like I was at least laughing at someone on the phone. Then remembered that it always brightens my day when I see someone truly laughing by themselves and figured I should rock it and brighten someones day.
I realize it may not seem that funny to a lot of people, but I think the Albergs will appreciate it. And I may feel compelled to scream in terror every time I see my Uncle Bert at Christmas. Expect "Bert Attack" to become regular terminology on this blog.
If you aren't familiar with autocorrect, it's something an iPhone does if it thinks you have misspelled a word. It's often right, its often horribly wrong. Also, my phone pulls from our contact list. Which is great because I don't use capitalization (or punctuation for that matter) when I'm texting and yet my phone always knows to capitalize the names of people in our contacts list.
The other day I was on a conference call at work. I just needed to listen. And of course at the end of the hour long conference call I realize that although I put my phone on speaker so I could listen, I did not put it on mute. Awesome. Totally had a moment of panic while reviewing the hour in my head to try remember if I talked to anyone or if I was noisy in any way. Luckily, I had a friend to text to ask if she heard any noise on the call and I was in the clear.
COULD. NOT. PULL. MYSELF. TOGETHER. Luckily my office door was still closed from the conference call because I was in hysterics. And I really needed to get going because I had to pick up Simon from daycare but I could not stop laughing/crying. I eventually just left. And laughed the entire 4 block walk to my car. People were staring. I was embarrassed for awhile and considered holding my phone up to my head so it looked like I was at least laughing at someone on the phone. Then remembered that it always brightens my day when I see someone truly laughing by themselves and figured I should rock it and brighten someones day.
I realize it may not seem that funny to a lot of people, but I think the Albergs will appreciate it. And I may feel compelled to scream in terror every time I see my Uncle Bert at Christmas. Expect "Bert Attack" to become regular terminology on this blog.
way too funny...been there done that. hahaha Aunt Debbie
ReplyDelete