Simon's latest saying is "It happens". He tends to grab onto something we say and uses it to absolute death. When he accidently drops or spills something and says "uh-oh" I usually respond with, "That's ok, it happens". Here are some of our recent conversations.
Me: Simon what happened to that piece of string?
Simon: (points at nothing)
Me: You didn't swallow it, did you?
Simon: It happens.
Me: Simon can you carry this bag to Grandma? She forgot it at our house.
Simon: It happens.
Me: Yes I'm aware it happens, I'm not concerned about her memory.
Simon: Poop. Poop pants. It happens.
Me: Should we change your poopie pants?
Simon: On Friday.
Which brings us to his other genius ways. I shouldn't complain since I don't hear as many "no's!" as I used to. He just suggests we do anything he doesn't want to do on Friday. We have a lot to get done tomorrow. In addition to changing his diaper, we need to buy broccoli, put on his brown shoes, brush his teeth, close the garage door, pick all the pomegranate off the floor, put the caps back on the markers and put away the dishes. We may not get that all done. It happens.
Me: Simon what happened to that piece of string?
Simon: (points at nothing)
Me: You didn't swallow it, did you?
Simon: It happens.
Me: Simon can you carry this bag to Grandma? She forgot it at our house.
Simon: It happens.
Me: Yes I'm aware it happens, I'm not concerned about her memory.
Simon: Poop. Poop pants. It happens.
Me: Should we change your poopie pants?
Simon: On Friday.
Which brings us to his other genius ways. I shouldn't complain since I don't hear as many "no's!" as I used to. He just suggests we do anything he doesn't want to do on Friday. We have a lot to get done tomorrow. In addition to changing his diaper, we need to buy broccoli, put on his brown shoes, brush his teeth, close the garage door, pick all the pomegranate off the floor, put the caps back on the markers and put away the dishes. We may not get that all done. It happens.
Hahahaha... adorable pic!!! I can't not smile when I look at him!!! :D
ReplyDeleteWell I have to say, "It happens" is much better than "sh*& happens". I think you found your xmas pic. ADORBS!
ReplyDeleteHappy Boy!
ReplyDelete