December 7th 2010, we finally saw our son.
And then we waited...and waited...and waited. And then waited some more. And 8 months ago today we arrived home.
And now we wait for a moment of silence:) Just kidding future Simon, we love your chatty ways. You are providing a lot of entertainment these days. In fact today we were at the Dr's office and after the Dr. had been in the room for 30 seconds he looked at you and said, "Well I know you're not here for speech-language concerns".
The Dr's office has proven to be a source for many Simon funnies. Last time we were there, Simon was examining a picture on the wall. It looked something like this:
Simon: "What's that?"
Me: "It's a llama"
Simon: "What's THAT?" (pointing to the red things)
Me: "Umm, I guess the llama is a little dressed up"
Simon: short pause "Llama trick-or-treating?"
Then the poor kid got a shot. I told him once we were in the room that he would have an owie and that I'd hug him until it didn't hurt anymore. He did cry briefly and we hugged and then he stopped crying so I pulled back to look at him and he said, "Need extra attention". So we hugged more:)
On the way out we were walking by the front desk people (who Simon always enjoys chatting up while we're checking in) and I said "Bye, thanks". Then said "Simon want to say bye?" and he said, "Bye, thank you for band-aid!"
After we left the clinic today a bunch of construction sent us all over and eventually ended up exiting at the wrong exit and it took me awhile to get to where we actually were going. At one point Simon asked what we were doing. I told him I was trying to figure out where we were. He waited silently a few more minutes and then I hear "Mommy driving in circles". Awesome. So even when Steve isn't in the car I have someone commenting on my driving...
Here we are on the way to the Dr's office today. Yep, we've become "those" people who let their children leave the house in ridiculous outfits. He decided he needed to wear his robe over his clothes today and since it gets little use I figured, why not? I did make him take it off and put on his winter coat once we were there.
Simon's also been asking for bananas the last couple days. Of course we're out. I've been telling him that I have to pick some up the next time we're at the store. This morning he hopped on his blue car and told me "Going to Target for bananas". REAL SUBTLE.
We were at Target a few weeks ago and before I knew it Simon had taken the tights I was buying out of the package and I looked at him just in time to see him whipping the leg around his neck.
We were at Target a few weeks ago and before I knew it Simon had taken the tights I was buying out of the package and I looked at him just in time to see him whipping the leg around his neck.
And declaring, "It fits!"
Can't wait to see what he says next.





Happy Happy Day! Simon makes me laugh!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, he is so funny!!! Looking forward to celebrating with you tonight!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you have this blog to document all the hilarious things Simon says!
ReplyDelete