Friday, February 3, 2012

Another Care Package...UGH!

Who would have thought I'd get sick of sending care packages? Well, I am. Mostly because I sent Simon a couple sweaters that I've had for him for over a year that I thought I'd have him wearing here, in my arms. The hooded sweater is the first thing I ever bought for him last year and I envisioned him wearing it at Christmas. I almost sent it to him in the care package he received at his December appointment, but then decided to keep it and he'd still have enough time to wear it starting in Feb. I realize sending it now, he probably won't get it until March and it's probably not going to see a lot of usage.
I've decided not to get my hopes up, but word on the street is that Simon's emigration permission paperwork should be submitted by mid-February. It's also been indicated that they will process it quicker to try make up for some lost time. MAYBE, we'll get to Simon before his care package does?!?! NEW FLASH: hopes are totally up. 

I've attempted to replace shopping with yoga as my coping mechanism. Seems like a healthy alternative. Last Friday night I went to candle-light yoga. Pretty sure that's the healthiest thing I've done on a Friday night in years...well, until I followed it up with spinach dip and beef jerky for dinner. There does seem to be a positive correlation between the increase in yoga and decrease in spending. Or is that a negative correlation? I never was any good at  seem to be a little rusty on my statistics and measurements. However, previous purchases are still rolling in. Check out this ridiculously stinking cute purchase.

In addition to be a "rockin'" good time (yep that just happened, I crack myself up) Danny the Dino plays music, ABC's, shapes, colors. However, the volume is a little too realistic in that the decibel level seems to be set to that of an actual dinosaur.  I'm guessing we'll have to ease Simon into the musical aspect of this toy or he may forever be traumatized by dinosaurs.

That's about it from the Rambeck's. We look forward to updating you with super exciting and unbelievable news soon. Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and assistance with keeping me occupied with: dinners, happy hours, movies, comedy shows, lunar new year's parties, sporting events, arcade visits, spa days...I stayed pretty busy in January. But my heart and mind is always with you, Simon!

1 comment:

  1. I have been imagining you two with Simon. In my mind I put Simon with his daddy on the floor playing with a ball and both of them laughing. In my vision I see him cuddling with his mommy reading a book. I have heard if you visualize things they happen. So I am trying to hurry up the process with these vision of a family together at last. I love you and hurt with you. HUGS, HUGS, HUGS,KISSES,KISSES,KISSES!!! Mary Alberg

    ReplyDelete