Happy Labor Day! Prepare yourself for the one and only time you will hear me say this: Summer is OVER! Woo-hoo! Months ago you heard me write about wanting summer to go fast. Now that it's done, of course it seems fast. We are also nearing 9 months since we learned of Simon. That seems so bizarre to me. But then I remember that we still have over 5 months and that seems a long ways away as well. Luckily, we have made some fun plans to get us through the Fall. I am also trying to shake myself a bit more into reality. Apparently this summer I decided I was going to be lazy and do whatever I wanted at all times. This included any sort of cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, or general life tasks. Time to be a little more organized. I came to this realization the other day when I stopped to get gas and realized that I couldn't use my debit card because it had expired and I never bothered to activate the new one. It was then that it occurred to me that it was September and I also never bothered to get my license plate tabs renewed. I couldn't be bothered by such petty errands this summer! But it was nerve-wracking pulling away from Costco (because you can only use debit cards there) to go to another gas station where I could use my credit card. My gas light had already been on for a day so I was cutting it a little close (deep breath Steve...I didn't run out of gas...exhale). So- I cleaned the house and made a to-do list! I have adoption reading I need to get back into, recipes I want to try, and some other special projects that I will blog about later. I have written about a lot of our activities this summer, but I thought I'd recap with some additional photos. Goodbye Summer 2011! It was good while it lasted and you won't be forgotten, but you also won't be missed.
 |
| Picking out Simon's 1st Twins Hat |
 |
| A Big Fish |
 |
| Steve, his Dad, and Bro in Canada |
 |
| Another Fish |
 |
| Annual Swing in the Hammocks at the State Fair |
 |
| Biking Past Target Field |
 |
| Brunch- G enjoys a good dog-friendly patio |
 |
| Relaxing with my Sisters |
 |
| After 10 Mile Race in a Thunderstorm |
 |
| Canoeing at Calhoun |
 |
| Basilica Block Party |
No comments:
Post a Comment