Our little Gretzky turned 8 years old on Sunday! This is her in her birthday present getting ready for a bike ride. We are officially those people. Unfortunately it was 108 degrees with the heat index on Sunday and I could barely get a picture because the camera steamed up. If you look closely you can can see G smiling.
We enjoyed a 4 hour bike excursion that included my bike basically falling apart. For 3 of the 4 hours only 3 of my 21 gears worked. It had been sitting the garage for about 6 years while I accidentally hit it with my car about twice a week. On the way home we biked right to the bike shop so they could take a look at it. The kid informed me it was the worst something or other that he's ever seen. I could tell he was embarrassed for me. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it hadn't been ridden for 6 years. I'm fairly certain he tucks his bike in bed next to him each night and I didn't want to upset him with my blatant negligence. I find it amusing that when I told people we were shopping for a bike trailer for G a bunch of people said, "Well you might as well get one since you'll need one for Simon". Ah, nope. This one is especially made for dogs, Simon needs to get his own. We also discovered quickly that G does not allow Steve to bike ahead of us. She barks him the riot act until he goes behind her. Hopefully Simon doesn't mind being the caboose. Choo-Choo!
LOL! Hilarious. No doubt, your going to be a great mom.
ReplyDelete