You may be surprised to see we are skipping the crib phase. We've learned that children do not typically sleep in cribs in Korea. They sleep on a mat on the floor with their foster mothers. Since we'll be sleeping with Simon for awhile, we figured a trundle bed would be good so that we can all sleep in his room. Then we will transition ourselves out instead of having him sleep in our room and then getting him into his room. Well that's the plan. By the time we have him home we may just never leave his side. The quilt my Mom and I made is proudly displayed on the trundle bed (notice the coordinating valance). My Dad made the shelves based on a picture I showed him. He's a lot more reasonably priced than Pottery Barn. Like free.
Friday, May 20, 2011
Simon's Room
Although I'm positive I'll rearrange the shelves a thousand times before Simon actually lives in it, Simon's room is done! I just finished hammering the final nail. Yes, I hammer the nails. Steve sat on the beanbag and practiced reading "Z is for Zamboni" to Gretzky. And he adds commentary, such as how comical it is that I put so much thought into the arrangement of books. Whatever! I only decorate my first child's room once! I took a bunch of pictures so you can basically imagine you're standing in the middle of the room.
You may be surprised to see we are skipping the crib phase. We've learned that children do not typically sleep in cribs in Korea. They sleep on a mat on the floor with their foster mothers. Since we'll be sleeping with Simon for awhile, we figured a trundle bed would be good so that we can all sleep in his room. Then we will transition ourselves out instead of having him sleep in our room and then getting him into his room. Well that's the plan. By the time we have him home we may just never leave his side. The quilt my Mom and I made is proudly displayed on the trundle bed (notice the coordinating valance). My Dad made the shelves based on a picture I showed him. He's a lot more reasonably priced than Pottery Barn. Like free.
You may be surprised to see we are skipping the crib phase. We've learned that children do not typically sleep in cribs in Korea. They sleep on a mat on the floor with their foster mothers. Since we'll be sleeping with Simon for awhile, we figured a trundle bed would be good so that we can all sleep in his room. Then we will transition ourselves out instead of having him sleep in our room and then getting him into his room. Well that's the plan. By the time we have him home we may just never leave his side. The quilt my Mom and I made is proudly displayed on the trundle bed (notice the coordinating valance). My Dad made the shelves based on a picture I showed him. He's a lot more reasonably priced than Pottery Barn. Like free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment