Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cooking FAIL

I had my first total Korean cooking failure.  It was terrible.  We recently visited a new Korean restaurant where we tried Korean pancakes for the first time.  They were SO good! I left excited about a new Korean cuisine I could make being I already had bought the Korean pancake mix.  Korean pancakes aren't like a sweet breakfast type meal.  They are a batter that you grill in the shape of a pancake, but there is vegetables and meat in the batter.  The ones we had at the restaurant were crisp and spicy.  The ones I made were mushy and just gross.  I'm very disappointed and I have no idea what I could possibly do to make them better.  Here are some pictures to give you an idea of the batter and process.
I put crab, green onion, and kimchi in the batter.

And dinner ended like this

mmmmmm...nachos

No comments:

Post a Comment