Because we have FINALLY been assigned a court date and are heading to Korea!
On Friday morning I had 3 missed calls in the span of about 30 minutes from our agency (this is what I get for trying to work out) and went into panic mode because I had JUST BEEN TOLD two days earlier that when they had our court date they would try call first and follow up with an email. Well, I did not have an email but I did have a message and all it said was "we have information about your case" and that I needed to call. Great, I was positive something was wrong. Then, to make matters worse I missed the person I needed to call back and she was busy for the next 4 hours. Soooo that was fun. But I had mostly talked myself down and was quite sure she must be calling me with a court date and thank the heavens that's why she was calling! Our court date is July 9th, and we haven't actually booked our flight yet but will likely arrive the weekend before. We also told Simon that he is coming with us and he seems to be happy and excited about that. A lot of things need to get organized in the next 5 weeks! Now I'm so glad I didn't post all of those times in the last month where my post title would have been "This wait can suck it" or "I am going to lose my mind" or "I've lost my mind".
We'll return home after court and hopefully return about a month later to bring Arch home. And then I'll have to somehow adjust my body to not constantly waiting for something. I'm not sure my body will be able to handle tis shock to my system.
We received new photos of Arch recently and he seems to be into a hat we sent him still so I sent him another in a recent care package.
I am super super super super excited but still in a bit of shock and almost can't believe that at some point I'm going to meet this boy who I've watched grow up in pictures. It's been so long some times I've almost forget he will be a child I can hug and kiss. Coping mechanisms and such.
BEST NEWS OF THE DECADE!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteTear 😂
ReplyDelete