In my poor blogging and focus on waiting for Archie news I've not really reported on what Simon is up to these days. Thought I should remedy this situation. Well, we have been trying to prep for him to go to Korea with us without telling him he's going to Korea with us so this has meant passport info and pictures and foster parent visiting paperwork, etc. He was fairly inquisitive about the passport situation. What are we doing? Why? What is a passport? What do you mean so I can travel? Who will I be with? Where are we going? OMG enough child! Just. Smile. :)
This morning I attempted to take a picture of him for the paperwork I need to submit so that we can set up a meeting with his foster family. Which I don't know what they need a picture of him for but figured it should just be a plain picture of him and not a family or event or etc. Here is what I got:
This morning I attempted to take a picture of him for the paperwork I need to submit so that we can set up a meeting with his foster family. Which I don't know what they need a picture of him for but figured it should just be a plain picture of him and not a family or event or etc. Here is what I got:
So guess I'll just try on that again another day.
He was super excited to go to school today though because he has camouflage pants on and because his father is a smart-aleck Simon actually thinks we can't see his legs when they are in camo pants. He thinks he's like a floating batman sweatshirt/head today. Guessing he's going to be disappointed at school.
The latest happenings in Simon's life is that he has moved into a new room with a new bed. It's pretty awesome and I was worried that he was going to freak out and not want to be in a new room/bed but he was really excited.
In addition to preschool he is doing swimming and science camp right now. This next week he also starts a nature camp and in a couple months he is going to try out soccer. He is super into science right now because he is going to be a chef, race car drive and scientist when he grows up. I'm fairly amused by science camp and we are just a couple weeks in. Last week they were supposed to be environmental engineers and were learning about oil spills and how they affect the ocean. I was present for the last few minutes when they were supposed to be figuring out what materials would take the oil out of their water bins filled with sea life. Simon abandoned the ocean and informed the teacher he was just going to make a new home for the animals. By the time class was over Simon had taken all of the sea life out of the bin and laid them gently upon the tray with pillows and blankets (the materials that were supposed to be used to oil clean up) What a novel thinker.
He has had his usual list of zingers lately with some of the following being my favorite:
Simon on the way home from school: "Mom, am I really allergic to girls? Because I don't think I am...you're a girl."
Me: No we're not having quesadillas for lunch today.
Simon: You're really taking the gas out of my tank today.
Me: (extremely frustrated by closet doors) "This is making me bonkers"
Simon; (super sympathetic face) "I know how you feel."
*Not all that calming when he is constantly telling you that you're the one making him bonkers.
Upon observation of another child at daycare having a meltdown at pick-up time.
Simon: "I chose that one day. Lost my iPad time."
Of course our super sensitive boy continues to sweet talk us at most opportunities and has informed me that I will always be his valentine, so just went to record that quick for future reference. He also recently asked me if on Archie's first day home if we can take him to Disney World. He wasn't real pleased when I told him that that would happen when they are older.






No comments:
Post a Comment