Thursday, September 13, 2012

Simon Got a Job

It's about time he start pulling his weight around here. A couple weeks ago Simon took a necklace of mine, put it over his head and said "Going to work" :) He followed that up with "Blue Car!" Hopped on his car and rode off into the sunset.

He does this several times a day now. It's very sweet, he will usually get on the car and then realize he has not given proper goodbyes and runs back to give us hugs and kisses before jumping back on his car and leaving. When he "returns" he yells "HOME!"  I haven't figured out where he works yet? I ask him what he does and he gives me a blank stare.

Alright so maybe he doesn't actually have a job yet, but he is a school-goer! This morning we had our first day of Early Childhood Family Education ECFE. On the way there I realized that I remember going to ECFE and found it necessary to burst into tears because here I was taking my little boy to ECFE like all normal people get to do. UGH, it hits you at the most random times! Anyhow I got it together and all was well. Here he is waiting to go into his room.

And then we found out that it actually wasn't his room as all because there are 2 two-year-old rooms. Here he is standing in front of his cubby. It appears to be a mugshot. I swear he actually had a great time.
The first half hour was free play, followed by songs, and then time for parents to split. I wasn't sure if they'd actually have us separate on the first day and how that would go. Simon was totally fine, maybe a little confused, but no crying. When I returned he ran into my arms with a big smile. Then promptly told me if was time to go. So I'm prepared for him to possibly become upset next week since he'll know that I leave for awhile. We'll see.  Also, I was told from probably 8 different people how cute his outfit was. Now I'm feeling a lot of pressure to maintain his "best dressed" label. The trials of motherhood...

When I put him down for nap I asked him if he made any friends at school. He told me "truck" and "car". Next week we'll work on human friends.

4 comments:

  1. And you will probably cry when your last kid goes to his last day of ECFE too...Ian had his last class this past May, its sad. Oh, and the moms who have to dress up their kid for ECFE are annoying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh sisterly love:) ha! Well I wasn't planning on every week but it was his first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ready for S to have a job. I think he job should be to stay cute, adorable and little forever.

    ReplyDelete