Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Firsts and Birthday Wishes

In case you haven't heard Steve is obsessed with sports and all things MN sports related. Although we are mainly dreaming of bringing Simon to his first Gopher Hockey game, we enjoyed our first U of M sports related event over the weekend when we attended a football game. 
Is anyone else obsessed with the couple in the corner? I love the way they look. Doesn't it make you wonder if other people have captured moments of you like that in their pictures?
 It was a beautiful day, the marching band was very impressive, and a dancing Goldy Gopher had Simon in hysterics. He basically only remained seated when he had a snack so we took turns walking the stadium with him.  We left at half time for nap but that was 2 hours of football so frankly enough FB for me:)


This morning we attempted to surprise Steve with breakfast in bed for his birthday. Simon was confused and thought breakfast in bed meant that he was supposed to sleep in. Don't ask me why he chose today to sleep in until 7 when he's typically up by 6:15 (fyi I'm telling him it's breakfast in bed every morning from now on). So I carried the weight of our team and whipped up the smoked salmon frittata on my own. He was more than willing to pop into the kitchen for eating time though. Scene Stealer. He was so sweet when I told him it was daddy's birthday. He was screaming "HAPPY TO YOU!" down the hallway and greeted Steve with an enthusiastic hug. 


I attempted to be a good wife and also made chili last night for the crockpot today so Steve wouldn't have to cook on his bday since Tuesdays I'm home late from work. In typical Desirae fashion, I forgot to put the chili in the crockpot this morning and Steve had to go home over lunch to start the chili. Lucky guy that Steve:)

Thankfully other people are constantly making up for my lack of domesticity. At work he got pumpkin cheesecake which I hear about all year long.


And then we received an adorable email this afternoon from Nicole that said "What? It's your birthday?" and when you opened the email there was this picture with "We're whipping up a surprise for you! Happy Birthday!" Could she be any sweeter? So luckily other people bake for Steve on his birthday because it's just not happening from this lady.


1 comment: