Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One Year

Today is the one year anniversary of one of the best days of our lives. There are so many great days that go so fast and I barely remember anything about them, but I'm so happy that I really remember the details of that special phone call and everything that followed. It's kind of a strange thing that a bunch of other people see your child before you do, but I remember very clearly our Social Worker saying, "He took my breath away when I saw his picture". She probably has to say nice things, but I really think he took her breath away:) When Steve and I first heard about our son we were connected via conference call, but we first saw him together because Steve drove to my work and we snuck into an exam room to open Simon's pictures together.

We celebrated that evening by calling loved ones and enjoying a glass of champagne from a bottle we bought during a recent trip to Sonoma Valley. We took some silly pictures during our excitement and added Simon's stocking to our mantel.

When we received pictures from Simon's FM we noticed something extra special.
We feel bad blurring his FM's face but don't want to post pics without consent
We have pictures of Simon on the day he became our son! And by the fancy background, we think he is out celebrating as well.

Tonight we chose to celebrate the anniversary of knowing Simon as our son.

We went out for a nice dinner at Lucia's and cheers'd to rocking our first year of parenting. I mean, how many people can say they made it their first year with no meltdowns or uninterrupted sleep? No temperatures or urgent care visits. We're still making time for date nights and Simon has never disobeyed us. Take that parenting! (insert eye-roll here)

3 comments:

  1. He really is so ridicously adorable! Cheers to Simon, rockin' parenthood and to the next few months flying by!

    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the perfect parents. Simon does not know how lucky he is to have parents like you. He will someday. Love you guys. Mary A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys :) XOXO!

    ReplyDelete