I will post about something other than food soon. Right now- it's all I got. Last night I made Kimchi Fried Rice or Kim-chi Bo-kum-bop. I've never tried making fried rice from scratch, but now that I get the gist of it I'm excited to try a variety of fried rices.
A lot of Korean dishes are topped with an egg. It's usually fried sunny-side up but I kind of scrambled ours because I was sure I wouldn't cook it thoroughly and salmonella doesn't sound pretty.
You are getting a limited view of my cooking adventures and the aftermath. My kitchen is a disaster after each dish and I have vegetable pieces all over the countertops, floors, and walls. I also was concerned yesterday that my rice cooker had kicked the bucket when I smelled something burning.
I noticed quickly that it was actually my recipe that was pushed into our gas stovetop. Luckily the only damage was to the paper itself. Maybe it was the recipe trying to self-destruct? This was my least favorite of all the dishes. It was a little bland. Steve put tabasco on his and then liked it a lot. Next time I'll need to spice it up.
A few people have asked where I found my recipes so here are the links:
http://www.kimchibulgogi.com/mandu-korean-dumpling-recipe/
http://savorysweetlife.com/2009/07/marinade-this-bulgogi-recipe-korean-barbequed-beef/
http://www.grouprecipes.com/32361/korean-dumpling-soup-with-rice-cakes-dduk-mandu-kook.html
http://www.trifood.com/kimchibokumbop.html
No comments:
Post a Comment