Saturday, October 1, 2016

More Holidaze


Oh hey- it's 2016 and there have been all kinds of holidays.

We celebrated the Lunar New Year with a local Korean culture group that was having a party. They had traditional Korean games, a giant gym to run in and also amazing food. We were able to celebrate with our buddies Nash and Leo.







Couldn't help but include a picture of the Lunar New Year after party.


Along came Valentines Day after that. Here are my proud Frozen card carriers.

And the fancy at home V-day Steve orchestrated.

Easter is a fun holiday at our house (and a busy one). We hosted our annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt which is lots of fun and only every once in awhile do we find a stray egg that was left over. One day we thought there was a dead mouse in one, it was a rotting finger puppet that seriously must have been in the backyard for 3 years. 

The group gets bigger each year.

Someone snapped this gem of all the proud parents taking pictures and sometimes when I need a laugh I just look at it.  Don't mind our disgusting deck...we're working on it. 

First timer

We have the neighborhood hunt the day before Easter so Easter morning we have some excited boys running the house. This year the Easter bunny hid their baskets and left clues around the house. Archer was a bit confused but ran around after Simon finding the clues and now blames all home mysteries on the Easter bunny and he's dead serious. Can't find a toy? "Easter bunny do it." We're all out of bananas? "Easter bunny do it." He just blamed something yesterday on the Easter bunny.




Success! The baskets were retrieved.





Later we hosted family and friends for Easter brunch, Lego piece egg hunts and a jelly bean guessing contest. They may have been my favorite part.






Along came Mother's day and Steve only gave me a mild heart attack when he booked us brunch at the very fancy Nicollet Island Inn and I was positive our fellow patrons were going to boot our children out but once we were settled and got our toys out they were quite well behaved and received high praise from the waiter on their behavior.


Here was later in the day when Simon decided to help me relax in the hammock. He was burnt out from making me nachos.

 For Father's Day Steve did homework. BUT THEN we got him off the computer for his dad brunch and spent a lovely afternoon at Canterbury betting on horses and Simon did the monkey bars for the first time in his life and I saw him and he didn't realize I was watching and we both lost our minds when he got across and I think I threw my phone in the grass and didn't realize until minutes that I didn't have it and had to go on a little search.






 
Lastly, we recently celebrated Chuseok, which is Korean's Harvest festival/Thanksgiving type of holiday and we celebrated the only way we know how. Pigging out on Korean food.




Smores for dessert!




1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on the whole year! :) I forget to check and see if you have any new ones, but I was pleasantly surprised this time! You do such a good job on this blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete