Tuesday, October 20, 2015

8 weeks in

We are 8 weeks in, meaning 4 weeks until I go back to work on my part time schedule. I made a change to my schedule so instead of working in the office M-W, I'll be in T-Th. I'm excited about this change and having a day before and after the weekend to be with the boys but also get caught up on all other things. (FYI I realize I am very fortunate to have this flexibility)

Archer continues to do well. He is still pretty easy-going, maybe voicing his opinion a little bit more and is becoming more upset with Simon sometimes instead of just letting Simon be in charge all of the time. Probably just showing us more of his true personality. But generally speaking it's still follow the leader around here and Archer imitates whatever Simon is doing. Today I grabbed his stuffed animal off of a stool and he made it known right away he wanted the stuffed animal right where he had left it. Which I thought was odd since he was leaving the kitchen but I turned around and realized Simon had also left a stuffed animal on a stool. Yes, it's that specific.

He is stringing more words together and using more words in general. Now that I'm hearing more words I'm also realizing that he was probably saying more than I realized earlier. There are several letters that we have that do not exist in the Korean alphabet, and he still hasn't quite mastered them so his articulation is still kinda sloshy but I think in his head he is saying a lot more in English, when I thought he was still speaking Korean. A few other funny language things have happened where he doesn't quite get the meaning of a word. So because of Simon's beloved stuffed cow, Archie thinks that all stuffed animals are called cowies. He also uses "Open" as a general request, more so like it means "Help". He also learned "Cook it" because we were constantly telling him we have to "cook it" whenever he sees food. I'm convinced he must have only ever been in the presence of prepared foods. So one day he looked at raw meat and said "Cook it" and I was all amazed that he finally was catching on. But then another day after having chocolate milk, he asked me for more milk. Which I gave him, knowing he meant chocolate milk,  and he looked at it and handed me back the milk and said "Cook it" :)

Most importantly, pictures.

Going to get ice cream in the freezing cold.

Eating the ice cream in the freezing cold. 

First time out to eat.

He thinks its hysterical to put any had on his head in a slightly odd fashion.

Splash pad



Apple Orchard with friends.


Impossible task of getting them all to look at the same time.



Beginning of Halloween decorating.



Every once in awhile I catch them being cute. And you are right, Simon is in his underwear or shirtless most of his days.











No comments:

Post a Comment