We are several events down and wrapping up our string of celebrations tomorrow (Steve and I's 8th anniversary). On Friday Simon entered the big world of three-hood. He was slightly in denial and I overheard him telling Steve he wasn't 3 that morning because he still had on pj's and a diaper. But he enjoyed his morning pancakes.
He also kept insisting that it was June 11th instead of June14th...wonder where he got that...
We went and had lunch at work with dad and after nap Simon rode his bike all the way to the park.
And then finally it was off to Kabuki for our Annual Birthday Dinner. Simon ate his fair share. He is quite impressive when it comes to downing the Korean food. I started to accuse Steve of hogging the mandu and he was all "I only had 2!" and I was all, "I only had 1!" and then someone else just sat there guiltily.
He also kept insisting that it was June 11th instead of June14th...wonder where he got that...
We went and had lunch at work with dad and after nap Simon rode his bike all the way to the park.
And then finally it was off to Kabuki for our Annual Birthday Dinner. Simon ate his fair share. He is quite impressive when it comes to downing the Korean food. I started to accuse Steve of hogging the mandu and he was all "I only had 2!" and I was all, "I only had 1!" and then someone else just sat there guiltily.
Simon paused from eating to take a selfie with Mom.
And when we got home it was time to try out his bday present. T-ball may be his sport (or golf but more on that later)
It was a great day.
On Sunday we focused our celebration to Steve. Unfortunately, Simon got sick on Saturday and wasn't quite in tip-top shape Sunday morning so we cancelled our bike ride. After nap he was feeling good though so we went ahead with our golfing plans. Plus Simon was looking forward to using his new golf clubs.
My favorite part of the day was when Steve pulled up with our golf cart and Simon marched over, threw his bag in the back and climbed in like he owned the place. I was dying.
Luckily he was ok with moving his bag so mine could come along for the ride.
Then we went home for dinner and Simon decided to show Steve some Father's day love.
And one of my other favorite stories from the week... Simon's daycare provider texted me on Wednesday and says: "Does Simon call Steve 'dude'? We're working on a project and he's insisting he calls Steve 'dude'. Which is fine, just checking."
The other kids' frames say "Dad".
And that was our weekend. We didn't get much done in the way of house projects, but we're starting to make memories in it!
Hahaha! Gnarly Dude! Love it Simon! :) Happy birthday kiddo! And don't stress3 is the new 2.5! ;)
ReplyDelete